How to get a failed card transaction reversal on a POS transaction
If you have ever used a POS machine before for withdrawal either from the bank, shopping mall, or from an agency banker and your transaction got declined in the process, the first thing you need to ask for is the receipt of the transaction, s this will enable you to know the steps to take for you to get your money back. In a case where the receipt is not available ask them for the error response on the transaction. Here is the list of decline errors that can lead to failed but debited card transactions on your debit card
Type of Card delined error and how to request for refund
- Inactive switch: If the decline response says inactive switch, this means that your bank network has a downtime as at the moment you tried the card. in this case, you have to wait for the reversal which should happen within 24hrs and if the money is not reversed, you need to fill out the dispense error form at the bank at the same time the agent can also request for refund at their end, which in most cases is always advisable for them to always initiate the refund dispute cause sometimes the money might be with the pos service provider but when the refund request is initiated, they can refund back the money to the beneficiary bank or directly to the customer’s account.
- Late Response: This is a result of a slow internet connection and in the process, the POS service provider is unable to complete the request from their end. The first step of dispute is for the POS operator to request a refund on behalf of the customer before going to the bank to fill out the dispense error form
- Service timeout: This can be a result of a slow internet connection or downtime from the customer’s bank
- Pending but debit: When you get such a response, both the POS and the account holder need to wait for some minutes to the final response as the transaction can be finally approved or declined
- Approved but not added to main balance: In this case, the POS operator needs to give the money to the cardholder and contact the POS service provider with the receipt printed so that the money can be added to the main balance